Tuesday 22 November 2011

Assignment 5b - Developing my Audience

My Current Network Connections:

• Fellow Students at Plymouth College of Art
• Personal connections
• Peer network of fellow photographers
• Previous clients
• Modelling Connections

Networks I need to build:

• Relationships with Curators
• Connect with Outside Art Businesses
• Improve relationship with local and national galleries
• Expand my personal connections
• Branch out with new business connections
• Expand my Client base.
• Develop more of a relationship with venues, such as for weddings and events.

I will be able to make these new connections by being proactive and attending more lectures outside of university, by visiting more galleries and generally by getting to know more people in a professional sense. I will also maintain my relationships with previous clients in the hope that they will require me again, or recommend me to a friend.

In five years time, I will be almost 27, by this time I really desire to be in a role within the art community that is secure. I would like to either work for an art/creative based business or become an art teacher/lecturer. I would like to move to a bigger city, but would ideally like to avoid working in London. Overall I will be looking for a way that I can live comfortably while still expressing myself through creative practices.


Network - Updated
Past Client base - Prefer not to disclose contact details.
Rise art - www.riseart.com
Collaborators-
          Joan Haywood - www.emmajoanphotography.co.uk
          Steve Champion - http://www.championtattoos.com
                                - tel 01460 68263
                                - Champion tattoos, Stringfellow Gallery, Holyrood St, Chard,Somerset, TA20 2AH
                              - Social Networking and Online connections (553 people)
Arts Matrix -  http://artsmatrix.plymouthart.ac.uk
Tribe Magazine - http://www.tribemagazine.org/index.html
Local Art Galleries-
Mid Cornwall Galleries
St. Blazey Gate, Par, Cornwall PL24 2EG
01726 812131 ‎ · midcornwallgalleries.co.uk

Fowey River Gallery
38 Fore Street, Fowey PL23 1AQ
01726 833828 ‎ · foweyrivergallery.co.uk

Toe In The Water
10 Lostwithiel Street, Fowey, PL23 1BD
01726 832582 ‎ · toeinthewatergallery.co.uk

Cry Of The Gulls
2 Webb Street, Fowey PL23 1AP
01726 833838 ‎ · cryofthegulls.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment